About the Role
Hebrew Free Loan is seeking an energetic, diversely skilled communications professional to join our collaborative, fast-paced, nine-person team based in San Francisco. The Marketing Director plays a key role in advancing Hebrew Free Loan’s mission of helping members of Northern California’s Jewish community achieve financial self-sufficiency. Our primary marketing goals are to build awareness of the organization and increase engagement among a wide range of constituencies, in order to promote growth in loan activity and charitable donations.
The Marketing Director is the sole marketing staff, and is responsible for planning and executing all communications and marketing strategies across multiple channels. This individual plays a lead role in promoting a full calendar of fundraising and outreach events, as well as helping to staff events. The Marketing Director is part of a four-person management team and reports directly to our Executive Director.
To apply, please email resume and cover letter to Marina Levy: email@example.com.
About Hebrew Free Loan
For 122 years, Hebrew Free Loan has been helping individuals and families throughout Northern California’s Jewish community overcome challenges and pursue their dreams. Based on the Jewish values of tzedakah (justice/charity), gemilut hasadim (acts of loving kindness), and tikkun olam (repairing the world), we provide interest-free loans to meet a wide range of needs. Loan types include small business, debt consolidation, fertility, first-time homebuyer, student, and many others.
Leadership & Project Management
- Work with staff management team and volunteer Marketing Committee to develop and implement communications strategies that align with Hebrew Free Loan’s identity and strengthen the organization’s brand among diverse constituencies. Maintain engagement among existing core constituencies (loan recipients, guarantors, and donors) and within the traditionally affiliated Jewish community, while developing innovative outreach strategies to reach those in Northern California’s Jewish community who are unfamiliar with Hebrew Free Loan.
- Coordinate outreach to key leaders, influencers, and communal agencies to create partnerships and raise awareness of Hebrew Free Loan.
- Provide comprehensive project management support for teams that may include staff, Board and Committee members, and outside vendors. Ensure that communications and campaign schedules are maintained, event promotion is timely and effective, new opportunities are considered, feedback from appropriate individuals is integrated, and deadlines are met.
- Develop content that utilizes the full range of online and traditional media strategies to raise Hebrew Free Loan’s profile and visibility, in order to boost loan activity and increase fundraising. Drive the development of all print and digital collateral materials, including annual impact report, brochures, flyers, newsletters, website postings, event invitations, event collateral, advertisements, Develop digital content for integration across all channels (email, website, social media).
- Ensure that effective storytelling is integrated into all communications. Develop materials that communicate a compelling message, create an emotional connection with target audiences, and align with the Hebrew Free Loan brand. Build relationships with relevant stakeholders that include donors, loan recipients, guarantors, and partner organizations, along with prospective donors and potential loan recipients.
- Work collaboratively with internal and external team members. Collect content as needed from others, solicit and integrate feedback from relevant team members, ensure review and approval by appropriate stakeholders. Manage communications, work flow, and production processes with outside vendors: graphic designers, printers, mail houses, web designers, filmmakers, etc.
Digital & Email Marketing
- Develop and manage digital and email marketing calendar.
- Develop and implement digital event promotion campaigns utilizing email, website postings, and social media.
- Manage comprehensive social media strategy to build the organization’s presence and engage stakeholders on platforms such as Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, and
- Plan and execute digital fundraising campaigns (e.g. #GivingTuesday), email appeals, and mobile fundraising at events.
- Oversee development of paid digital advertising campaigns utilizing platforms such as Google Ads or Facebook advertising; work with outside consultants as needed.
- Implement tracking systems for digital metrics and regularly evaluate analytics. Manage email lists and develop strategies for list segmentation and targeted communications.
- Oversee agency website and update regularly with fresh, relevant, and engaging content. Ensure that website is functioning optimally to communicate Hebrew Free Loan’s mission and brand identity to the public. Work to increase links between our website and external Manage event registration on website.
- 5+ years of experience in nonprofit marketing, communications, public relations, or similar field. Experience developing innovative, high-quality marketing materials with written and visual content that reflect the power of mission-based Demonstrated strategic understanding of how to plan and executive an effective marketing campaign.
- Superb written and oral communication skills, including a masterful sense of story and a razor-sharp understanding of the fundamentals of writing and
- Comfortable working as part of a highly engaged, collaborative team; skilled at gathering, synthesizing, and integrating input from multiple sources, while maintaining ability to take initiative and work independently. Demonstrated capacity for problem-solving.
- Ability to communicate effectively in a variety of media, including print, web, email, video, phone, and in person. Skilled at building relationships, interacting with different stakeholders, and adapting messaging and communication style to connect with different audiences and constituencies.
- High level of comfort, enthusiasm, and expertise with digital marketing and social media; strongly developed online communication skills and a successful track record with online social
- Excellent technology skills. Ability to track and evaluate digital metrics and analytics. Fluent with MS Office, Outlook, MailChimp, WordPress, Dropbox, and other technological
- Strong time-management skills. Ability to manage a heavy workload and balance competing priorities in a deadline-driven environment.
- Strong sense of visual aesthetics and an eye for excellence in design.
- Knowledge of Jewish traditions, holidays, and customs; knowledge of Jewish organizations in Northern California.
- Willing to attend occasional weekend and evening events.
- Sense of humor.
Additional Preferred Experience
- HTML and Adobe Creative apps such as InDesign
- Fundraising & donor relations
- Event planning
Compensation commensurate with experience. This position offers excellent benefits, including a 35-hour work week, full medical and dental insurance, and a 401(k) plan. Generous holiday and vacation policy.
To apply, please email resume and cover letter to Marina Levy: firstname.lastname@example.org