About the Role
The Operations Administrator plays a key role in advancing Hebrew Free Loan’s mission of helping members of Northern California’s Jewish community achieve financial self-sufficiency. This individual participates in multiple functions to ensure that our interest-free loan programs, fundraising activities, and governance structure operate smoothly. The Operations Administrator is the initial point of contact for all new loan applicants, helping to create a welcoming environment for those seeking assistance. Will be part of a nine-person staff based in San Francisco.
About Hebrew Free Loan
For over 120 years, Hebrew Free Loan has been helping individuals and families throughout Northern California’s Jewish community overcome challenges and pursue their dreams. Based on the Jewish values of tzedakah (justice/charity), gemilut hasadim (acts of loving kindness), and tikkun olam (repairing the world), we provide interest-free loans to meet a wide range of needs. Loan types include small business, debt consolidation, fertility, first-time homebuyer, student, and many others.
Provide high-quality customer service
- Answer questions and handle initial screening of all new loan applicants
- Schedule loan interviews for new applicants
- Answer phone and email inquiries from current loan recipients
- Interface with guarantors, answering questions and verifying that they understand the responsibility of guaranteeing a loan
Manage comprehensive loan administration functions
- Enter loan application data & track loan paperwork
- Set up loan repayment schedules in Cloud Lending (Salesforce-based loan management software)
- Mail loan checks
Ensure that all donations are accurately recorded and acknowledged in a timely manner
- Record all donations in Raiser’s Edge (may be moving to another fundraising software, e.g., Salesforce-based Nonprofit Starter Pack)
- Monitor online donations
- Produce acknowledgement letters for all donations received
Coordinate meetings of Hebrew Free Loan’s Board of Directors and various leadership committees; handle email correspondence with board and committee members
Provide administrative and operations support to ensure the agency functions effectively and special events run smoothly (galas, luncheons, workshops, after-hours mixers, etc.)
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Good people skills; relate well on phone and in person; demonstrate patience and kindness in all interactions with loan applicants and recipients.
- Excellent organizational skills; work well in a fast-paced environment. Self-starter with ability to maintain composure and meet deadlines while responding to multiple priorities.
- Comfortable with technology, especially databases and word processing. Experience with Salesforce and Raiser’s Edge a plus.
- Team player who is flexible and adaptable to changing needs.
ADDITIONAL PREFERRED CHARACTERISTICS
- Customer service experience
- Experience with nonprofits
- Sense of humor
This position offers excellent benefits, including a 35-hour work week, medical and dental insurance, and a 401(k) plan. Generous holiday and vacation policy.
To apply, please email resume and cover letter to Marina Levy: firstname.lastname@example.org