The process to apply for an interest-free loan includes submitting an application, meeting with a Hebrew Free Loan staff member, and obtaining qualified guarantors. To apply, please follow the steps below:
Applicants must be Jewish residents of Northern California, unless one of the following apply: (1) Work for a Jewish organization in Northern California, (2) Referred for a student loan by a Hebrew Free Loan partner agency; or (3) Applying for a business loan in partnership with a Northern California Jewish resident.
- Identify which loan type meets your needs. If you aren’t sure, please choose the one that seems like the best fit, and we”ll work with you during the loan interview to finalize.
- Submit an online application. (Please call or email if you’d like a hard copy.)
- Schedule a video meeting to review your application. (We will contact you to arrange this).
- Complete additional loan documents, including a promissory note that outlines your legal commitment to repay the loan.
- Obtain completed guarantor information forms and have your guarantors sign the promissory note. (Alternatively, family or friends may secure the loan with liquid collateral.)
- Return completed documents to Hebrew Free Loan.
- Our Board of Directors will review your loan request. If your loan is approved, repayment will begin approximately 30 days after disbursement.