The process to apply for an interest-free loan includes submitting an application, meeting with a Hebrew Free Loan staff member, and obtaining qualified guarantors. To apply, please follow the steps below:
Applicants must be Jewish residents of Northern California, unless one of the following apply: (1) Work for a Jewish organization in Northern California, (2) Referred for a student loan by a Hebrew Free Loan partner agency; or (3) Applying for a business loan in partnership with a Northern California Jewish resident.
- Identify which loan type meets your needs. If you aren’t sure, please call (415) 546-9902 x110 or e-mail email@example.com.
- Submit an online application. (Please call or email if you’d like a hard copy.)
- Schedule a video meeting to review your application. (We will contact you to arrange this).
- Complete additional loan documents, including a promissory note that outlines your legal commitment to repay the loan.
- Obtain completed guarantor information forms and have your guarantors sign the promissory note. (Alternatively, family or friends may secure the loan with liquid collateral.)
- Return completed documents to Hebrew Free Loan.
- Our Board of Directors will review your loan request. If your loan is approved, repayment will begin approximately 30 days after disbursement.